- If in doubt contact the customs facilitation counter and enquire before proceeding for the Green Channel.
- Do not rely on friends, travel agents etc for information. Do check up on the inputs provided by them before undertaking the journey.
- Declare the contents of your baggage truthfully and completely. Mis-declaration results in quantum increase in the penalty and fine imposed if any contravention is detected.
- Do not bring in goods for commercial purpose
- Only two litres of alcohol is allowed in the duty free allowance.
- Declare currency beyond 5000 US $ or equivalent (if in cash) or total of 10,000 US $ or equivalent
- Duty Free does not mean no duty shall be chargeable on them. Duty shall be charged on goods beyond your admissible allowance even if purchased from duty free shops.
- Customs has the authority to conduct examination of your baggage and even a personal search. Your cooperation shall ensure a faster clearance.
- Narcotics smuggling is a grave offence in India and shall invite imprisonment and possibly even death penalty for the crime.